Email Scam Alert - Stay Informed and Protected
We've noticed a surge in the occurrence of the following email scams:
- Subject Line: Re: Scan for Archival Purposes
Subject Line: Warning: Requirements Regarding Your Domain on The New ICANN Policy
- These emails often create an atmosphere of urgency, compelling you to take swift action without adequate verification. Be cautious when confronted with emails that press for hasty responses.
- This type of email typically solicits your confirmation or update of contact information with ICANN, ostensibly to prevent the loss of your domain name. Exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of such requests via official channels.
If you ever find yourself uncertain about the legitimacy of an email or a website, we encourage you to:
- Double-Check: Forward a copy of the suspicious email or website to firstname.lastname@example.org for thorough verification.
- Avoid Clicking: Refrain from clicking on any links or downloading attachments from suspicious emails until their authenticity is confirmed.
- Use Official Channels: Always validate requests involving sensitive information by directly accessing the organization official channels or websites, rather than relying on links provided in emails.
- Spread Awareness: Share this information with your colleagues to ensure a collective awareness of potential scams and the appropriate response.
Stay safe and vigilant out there!